Volkswagen Beetle for sale in India September 2017
- Production 1938 - 2003
- Volkswagen is offering Beetle 2 variants Basic 1.2 TSI MT with 6-Speed Manual Transmission and Design 1.4 TSI DSG with 7-Speed DSG Transmission.
- Basic 1.2 TSI MT is a 3 door Coupe having 1,197 cc engine producing Maximum Torque of 129 lb-ft at 1400 rpm and Design 1.4 TSI DSG is with 1,390 cc engine producing 177 lb-ft at 1500-4500 rpm.
- Both Variants are having Front Wheel Drivetrain, front and rear Suspension with Stabilizer and speed-sensitive power steering.
New & Used prices
New and Used Volkswagen Beetle prices in India 0 prices
Please wait for price information to be registered.
Video of Volkswagen Beetle
1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle (VW 1303) Start Up, Exhaust, In Depth Review, and Test Drive
Classics Revealed: The Original Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
200mph club: Volkswagen hits "Beetle-sonic" mark!
They are all feline, but have you ever seen a cat speed up to a ferocious jaguar? Apparently for me, and very soon for you too, it isn't entirely an accurate observation when it comes to cars! The Volkswagen Beetle might have kicked off a few inches from the ground as it displayed a stunning 205 miles per hour.
28, Sep 2016
The Volkswagen Beetle is among the most cherished cars with a longevity that has kept customers lusting the two-door beauty. Right from the earliest launch, it has always reserved comfortable space for four passengers. Its iconic design more than anything lasted over the decades. Checking the numbers right, we realize that Beetle was never really a slow car. It always outperformed the impression its silhouette gave us.
Sub 100hp engines were among the earliest to be installed in a Beetle. These engines would speed it up to a maximum of 70mph. It was towards the end of the previous century that Volkswagen Beetle saw itself accelerating to a maximum of 130mph. We all fantasize speeding up to the maximum on a secluded road. So did the Preston Lerner, a contributing editor at Automobile magazine.
For a Volkswagen Beetle to hit 200mph, a little more than just desire ought to be necessary. Volkswagen of America reconstructed, redesigned, and built a newer version of Beetle and called it Beetle LSR (Land Speed Record). Powered consistently by 2.0-liter gasoline engine with four cylinders working on direct injection mechanism, and turbochargers to increase efficiency beyond the normal yield; Volkswagen Beetle LSR achieved an incredible speed of 205.122mph.
The car was, obviously, driven by the man that fantasized it the most, Preston Lerner himself. He drove it like a thunderbolt on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Wendover, Utah. The ride was made possible as a part of the "world of speed- 2016" event at USFRA (Utah Salt Flats Racing Association).
Clearly enough, more was done to the Beetle to make it so extraordinary. Some of the chief aspects were lowered suspension, track specific tires, limited-slip differential; and the best of all, accounting for the light weight, parachutes were installed to retain the car back to a stationary position.
Sadly, one such land speed record with a Volkswagen Beetle is not for the general public to make. However, one can always avail a maximum of 130mph with a little expenditure. A R-Line Beetle awaits a creative mind for approximately $26,000.
- Images from media.vw.com
Reviews of Volkswagen Beetle
Forum of Volkswagen Beetle
Top5 Volkswagen Cars
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 556,000
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 180,000
- Engine specs of Volkswagen Polo include a 1.2L MPI petrol engine or a 1.5L TDI Engine, with a 5 speed manual transmission. It provides 230 Nm torque.
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 820,000
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 230,000
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 1,478,000
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 275,000
- Compact model serves as family car; It features modifications to interiors and front end since its introduction in 1979; marketed as 5-seating Sedan or wagon.
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 2,785,000
- Volkswagen Golf comprises 2.5L 5 cylinder, 6 speed automatic/2.0L 4cylinder, 6 speed manual or automated manual engines. It has front wheel drivetrain.
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 475,000
- 2014 Volkswagen Passat Sedan offers engine specs of 2.5L inline 5 cylinder/1.8L inline 4 cylinder with 5 speed manual or 6 speed automatic transmission.
Top5 mini Cars
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 600,000
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 97,000
- With swift handling, unique vertical headlamp, dynamic grille and improved fuel effiency, it is very much popular in its class. Safety specs include ABS, with multiple airbags.
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 229,000
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 29,000
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 80,000
- Manufactured since 1999, the Aveo was known in different countries under 6 brands but all under the subcompact category.
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 215,000
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 40,000
- Ford Fiesta is based on a classic design wherein lies its appeal. It is powered by an inline four-cylinder 1.6 L Duratec petrol engine, with five speed manual gearbox.
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 350,000
Lowest Price (Used) : Rs 160,000
- City car model by Suzuki MC; introduced in 2008. it features a 1.2L, I-4 cylinder engine or a 1.0L I-3 engine; alt. 1.3L I-4 diesel version is also available.
Top5 convertible Cars
- It is a limited edition model based on the Aventador to commemorate Lamborghini's 50th anniversary, the Veneno is packed with an Aventador's 6.5 L V12 producing 750 PS, it has a top speed of 356 km/h and takes 0-100 km/h in 2.9 seconds.
Lowest Price (New) : Rs 48,400,000
- Lamborghini Aventador is a two seater coupe, powered by a 6.5 liter V12 engine block, displacing 691 BHP.
- Lamborghini Gallardo has several variations: Coupe and Convertible. Engine specs include 5.2L V10 6 speed manual/automated manual, and AWD manual/automated manual.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible offers engine of 1.8L Turbo 4-cylinder with 6speed Manual,3.5L V6 or 5.5L V8 cylinder with 7speed automatic transmission.
- First sold in 1966, the Camaro was classified as a muscle car. To date, there are 5 generations with the 5th generation’s production starting in 2009.